Camp Courage's Online Application Process
The Mi'kmaw Native Friendship Centre is available to help you with your application. Melaine Nasson's contact information is 902-420-1576 ext. 219 office phone, 902-820-1199 cell phone and email is firstname.lastname@example.org. In-person support is available at the Mi'kmaw Native Friendship Centre located at 2021 Brunswick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia. You may also reach the camp at email@example.com or phone 902-701-1405.
Please read this application form all the way to the very end. Make notes as you read to know which questions you will have to prepare to answer. Exit from the application form and prepare your answers. Access the form again and complete it. If you want to add something to your application form once you have exited from it, you will have to enter everything all over again into a new application form.
Camp Courage is an eight-day camp that empowers young women to reach their potential through information, education and inspiration. The Camp is held every second year in early July in HRM. Please visit other areas of our website (www.campcourage.ca) for lots of information on the Camp to help you decide if this is a good opportunity for you.
You are most likely to be accepted for Camp Courage if you are:
- At least 15 years old but no more than 18 years old as of July 3, 2022;
- Committed to implementing what you have described in your essay regarding the betterment of someone else's life or your community;
- Engaged in an active lifestyle so you can successfully participate in the strenuous nature of the camp's activities;
- A citizen in good standing as determined by your letter of reference;
- Someone who has not attended Camp Courage in the past; and
- Committed to attending each day from 8 am until 5 pm from July 3 to 10th.
We thank you for your application to Camp Courage. There is no fee charged for attending the Camp. Preference will be given to residents of Nova Scotia. Our selection process is well structured, unbiased and conducted by a panel that is very familiar with the selection criteria. We welcome your inquiries as to what you need to do differently in order to be successful in this selection process.
The panel will complete the selection process based on the information provided and collected. The selection of candidates will be prioritized based on the extent of your volunteer commitments, the quality of your answer to the essay-type question, and your application's completeness. Personal interviews may be conducted. The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final. You must complete this online application form by midnight April 13, 2022, AND send us these documents:
- Proof of your age (either a photocopy of your birth certificate or a Driver's License), and
- A letter from a member of your community who can attest to your good character and intentions. A teacher, elder, community leader, employer, and or sports team coach are good choices.
- It is your responsibility to contact this person and explain what Camp Courage is about and why you want to attend.
- Please provide their name, phone number and email address here.
You can mail the documents to 281 Craigburn Drive, Dartmouth, NS B2X 3V1, OR you can drop them off at the Mi'kmaw Native Friendship Centre, 2021 Brunswick Street, Halifax addressed to "Melanie Nasson Camp Courage Application," OR you can scan the documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received no later than midnight on April 13, 2022.We will let you know when we receive your application and when we know the outcome of the initial selection process by May 1, 2022.If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
The Mi'kmaw Native Friendship Centre is available to help you with your application. Melaine Nasson's contact information is 902-420-1576 ext. 219 office phone, 902-420-1576 cell phone and email firstname.lastname@example.org. In-person support is available at the Mi'kmaw Native Friendship Centre located at 2021 Brunswick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia. You may also reach the camp staff at email@example.com or phone 902-701-1405.